- My air conditioning system is old. How can I find out if it’s working efficiently and what’s involved to update or replace it?
There are various reasons why a cooling system may not be working to its fullest capacity. These factors include:
- Size of your current equipment. If the size of the cooling system is not matched with the size of the home, this can lead to inefficiency. Corbin Fuel technicians can calculate the proper heat loss for your home size and recommend what will work more effectively.
- Testing can determine if your system is unsuitable or inefficient.
- If your system is found to be unsuitable or inefficient, Corbin Fuel will provide a full evaluation with recommendations and can install the system that will be best for your home. Please call us for a no-obligation review of your existing equipment and suggestions for improving it. Keeping your systems working efficiently saves you money in the long run as well as making more efficient use of electricity.
- What tax credits are available for new heating or air conditioning systems?
State and federal governments have instituted some tax credits for installation of new systems and upgrades to improve energy conservation. Please check with your tax advisor for the current rules and then call us to help you take advantage of these potential tax credits.
- What Do I Do If My Air Conditioning Won’t Turn On?
Before calling, follow these simple steps…
- Make sure your thermostat is set for a temperature that’s below your current room temperature.
- Make sure your heating system emergency switch is “ON”(May be located at top of basement stairs, this also controls the indoor fan)
- Check the fuses – or circuit breakers at your electric panel (that control your heating and air conditioning system).
- If your air conditioning still won’t work, please call our office at 410-838-3590 for prompt service.
To lower your cooling bill:
- Keep shades down to block the warm sun
- Replace air filters regularly
- Service the cooling equipment yearly to ensure efficiency
- Consider an attic fan which will eliminate hot air helping to remove heat during the day.
- Raise your thermostat setting
- Keep shrubs trimmed near your outdoor air conditioner unit helps to maintain air flow surrounding it.
- Why is air quality so important?
Because newer homes are more airtight, the air we breathe is not as pure and fresh as it once was. What’s missing is the air exchange that used to carry away many indoor pollutants such as carbon dioxide, formaldehyde, cool-weather moisture, outgases from building materials and cleaning compounds. Even though we do not know everything about indoor pollutants we do know that ventilation and air exchange allows for a healthier environment. Installing whole house air filters, humidifiers and UV Lighting can greatly improve the overall indoor air quality of your home.
- Why is Corbin Fuel Company my best choice?
We are locally owned and operated. We aren’t going anywhere or planning to sell to a conglomerate. We know the region and know what’s important to our customers. We work hard to keep our prices competitive or lower than other companies and we pride ourselves on having Simply Better Service. Keeping your system in optimal condition, having 24/7 service you can count on and a company behind it that is solid and family-friendly keeping your family warm or cool year-round. That’s what we strive for!