- How do you know when I need an oil delivery?
Corbin Fuel Company has invested in state of the art computer software that allows us to accurately predict oil delivery schedules. Forecasting tracks the daily weather and coordinates that information with information on your individual usage characteristics, like size of your home, age of equipment, how your hot water is heated, etc. We calculate a usage factor that suits your requirements, so we can ensure you will never have to deal with the inconvenience of running out of oil.
- My heating system is old. How can I find out if it’s working efficiently and what’s involved to update or replace it?
There are various reasons why a heating or cooling system may not be working to its fullest capacity. These factors include:
- Size of your current equipment. If the size of the heating or cooling system is not matched with the size of the home, this can lead to inefficiency. Corbin Fuel technicians can calculate the proper heat gain/loss for your home size and recommend what will work more effectively.
- Our technicians can perform a Combustion Efficiency Audit to determine the current efficiency and potentially make adjustments for optimal performance.
- Testing can determine if your system is unsuitable or inefficient.
- If your system is found to be unsuitable or inefficient, Corbin Fuel will provide a full evaluation with recommendations and can install the system that will be best for your home. Please call us for a no-obligation review of your existing equipment and suggestions for improving it. Keeping your systems working efficiently saves you money in the long run as well as making more efficient use of oil and electricity.
- What tax credits are available for new heating systems?
State and federal governments have instituted some tax credits for installation of new systems and upgrades to improve energy conservation. Please check with your tax advisor for the current rules and then call us to help you take advantage of these potential tax credits.
- Do you offer easy payment options for oil deliveries and Service Agreements?
For customers with good credit standing, we do offer payment options. Many customers prefer working with a budget payment option. For budget plans, we estimate your usage and oil costs and suggest a monthly budget amount so you can spread the heavy usage months throughout the year. If there is an amount due or credit due you, we will balance the account at the end of each hearing.
- Can I pay by credit card automatically? Also, Corbin Fuel offers a convenient automatic credit card option. Upon delivery/service, we can automatically charge the credit card on file, saving you time and postage. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. You can receive a receipt via e-mail. For security purposes, please call us at 800-474-3590 to set up this option.
- How can I reduce my heating costs?
The best way to decrease your energy and fuel costs is to replace old outdated equipment with new high efficiency equipment.Other tips for lowering your heating bill include:
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Lower your thermostat while you are at work or at night while you are asleep
- Make sure your radiators and vents are clear so that the heat can circulate with less effort
- Open the shades during the day and let natural sunlight warm up the rooms during the daytime.
- If you have registers, vacuum them regularly and be sure nothing is blocking them
- Seal any air leaks
- Lower your hot water temperature
- Replace air filters regularly
- Have a professional annually maintain and clean your system
- Can I pay my bills on line?
Yes. Just visit our website at www.corbinfuel.com and click on the “Pay Your Bill” tab.
- Why is air quality so important?
Because newer homes are more airtight, the air we breathe is not as pure and fresh as it once was. What’s missing is the air exchange that used to carry away many indoor pollutants such as carbon dioxide, formaldehyde, cool-weather moisture, outgases from building materials and cleaning compounds. Even though we do not know everything about indoor pollutants we do know that ventilation and air exchange allows for a healthier environment. Installing whole house air filters, humidifiers and UV Lighting can greatly improve the overall indoor air quality of your home.
- What determines the price of heating oil?
All products are traded on the commodities market just like propane, natural gas and electricity, and are very similar to how the stock market works. Price swings are very common and the uncertainty of where the price is headed at any time is a reality. The price is influenced by many factors, most of which are out of our control, including market conditions, supply and demand, weather trends, world affairs, etc. Corbin Fuel is constantly studying the commodity market to offer our customers the best price possible. Continual research and analysis of pricing trends enables competitive prices…always.
- What Do I Do If My Heat Won’t Turn On?
Before calling, follow these simple steps…
- Make sure your thermostat is set for a temperature that’s above your current room temperature.
- Make sure your heating system emergency switch is “ON”(May be located at top of basement stairs)
- Check the fuses – or circuit breakers at your electric panel (that control your heating system).
- Check the oil level in heating oil tank.
- Press your system’s “RESET” button ONE TIME ONLY. (Typically, you’ll find this red button on a small box on the burner.)
If your heat still won’t work, please call our office at 410-838-3590 for prompt service.
- Why is Corbin Fuel Company my best choice?
We are locally owned and operated. We aren’t going anywhere or planning to sell to a conglomerate. We know the region and know what’s important to our customers. We work hard to keep our prices competitive or lower than other companies and we pride ourselves on having Simply Better Service. Keeping your system in optimal condition, having 24/7 service you can count on and a company behind it that is solid and family-friendly keeping your family warm or cool year-round. That’s what we strive for!